<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11960837\x26blogName\x3d%22Equipian%22\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://equipian.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://equipian.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d3992612558053553490', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

"Equipian"

..Equipment for Life.. since 2005.. Welcome to Equipian, our previews, views and reviews! enjoy!

Reviewed: Sunscreen

It might be a wrong time to give this review as summer has already ended. I just finish using them and be able to make my own review. Well, it might be useful for next year or for people in the tropical countries where sunscreens are always needed. I won't go into details about the protection property because most of sunscreens in the market are qualified to protect both UVA and UVB.

www.ipsa.co.jp

I'm always looking for a non-greasy and non-sticky facial sunscreen which don't give a 'ghostlike' appearance since my face is oily. Now, I have found two best sunscreen for me. The first one is IPSA Protector Supertrans Sunblock SPF43, with milky texture and not sticky. Although when I was in Thailand where the temperature is very very hot, my face became greasy only in the evening, and less greasy than using with other sunscreens. So if I don't have too many activities during the day, this IPSA can keep my face quite matt. Besides, the sunshine is so strong in Thailand and I always get tanned easily. But I felt my face looked whiter after using it for few months, which I have to change my pressed powder to lighter color. However, good products always come with high price. It costs 2,940 yen (40 ml).

www.shiseido.co.jp/anessa (photo from www.rakuten.co.jp)

The other one is Shiseido Anessa Perfect Smooth Sunscreen SPF50. The texture is similar to Ipsa's but the price is a bit cheaper, 60 ml for 3,150 yen. I haven't tried it in Thailand yet. But only using during summer (25-30 C) in Sapporo, Japan, my face was not greasy at all! I also plan to keep using Anessa if I can't find a better one. The one I used comes with gray cap which is for daily use. The golden-capped bottle is good for outdoor sports but you need a very potential makeup remover to cleanse off. The Anessa's gray-capped bottle and Ipsa's can be removed with any makeup remover.

www.faceofaustralia.com.au

Those two are good for facial use but not the body because they're quite pricey. I have another one for body protection, Face of Australia Sun SPF 30. It can be absorbed to the skin very well. I tried using on my face, but after few hours, my face was very greasy. So I applied only to the body. Well, although it's water-resistant, but I'm not sure if it's good for long duration of outdoor activities. Anyway, the price is quite cheap. It's about 6 australia$ for 100 ml. However, it might be difficult to find outside Australia.

www.kose.co.jp/cosme/fasio

There are another two I used before but was not so impressed. The first one is Fasio Super UV Screen SPF50, 50 ml 1260 yen. It's also milky and absorbed to skin well but a bit sticky comparing to Ipsa's or Anessa's. After applying, my face looked a bit (just a bit) unnatural whiter and became a bit greasy in the evening when I was in Thailand. So it's not too bad with the reasonable price.

www.laroche-posay.com (photo from www.kosmetix.ch)

Another one is La Roche-posay Anthelios SPF60. Very sticky, ghost-like and greasy after few hours. Well, if compare with Banana Boat's, this one is much better. I also heard it's good for sensitive skin and sometimes prescribed in dermatologist clinic.

[Equipholic]
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

4:01 AM

thanks for the reviews! i used something from australia's skin cancer institute which is really good. anyway, banana boat is good too. i suppose females have totally different views on what they want from a sunscreen. i just need to it be waterproof, sweatproof and blocks everything. no burns, no problem. don't care if it's sticky, white, oily or what... haha. interesting review indeed!    



» Post a Comment