<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11960837\x26blogName\x3d%22Equipian%22\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://equipian.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://equipian.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d3992612558053553490', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

"Equipian"

..Equipment for Life.. since 2005.. Welcome to Equipian, our previews, views and reviews! enjoy!

Who says they don't make things like that anymore?

I have always been a big fan of Nokia's flagship phones since the old banana phone. But ever since Nokia's phones became the norm, I switched to use Sony Ericsson. When I first saw the discreet ad of the 8800, I wasn't so hyped by the stats. It's a very basic phone in terms of technology built in. You get a non megapixel camera, radio, bluetooth, etc, things that you expect from any phones nowadays. I wasn't excited in any ways that I said I wanted one until one day (before the phone was launched), I found that my boss was holding one. It's gorgeous in the metal (it has a stainless steel casing). I asked my boss whether I can hold it, he gave me a look and then said yes. I held it for about 2 mins. It's a heavy phone compared to other plastic cased phones, but it felt good. That night, I just couldn't wait till the official launch so I could buy one.

I have been using mine for over a month now. I can tell you that it's a great great phone! how so you may ask. I am a gadget freak, and I love things with lots of technology packed into them. The 8800 is different though. It feels right. the design, the material, the low-tech features all combines to be a very well balanced phone, and a proper phone. The stainless steel casing needs cleaning once in a while, and it's prone to fingerprints marks, but it's not as bad as the original which has a mirror effect surface. It's not that easily scratched, which is quite surprising. Although I do take good care of the phone and that I have never dropped it yet, touch wood, it has not one single scratch on it yet. The Screen is super bright, and images taken with it's built in camera looks great on the phone, but obviously don't expect too much from the quality of the picture when you have transfered them onto the computer, but why would I do that? ( have a camera to take proper pictures with). So I decided that the primitive functions is actually a good thing with the 8800.

So is this phone perfect?! Yes, EXCEPT, when nokia decided to design something primitive with class, they managed to put something that quite important onto the primitive list, the battery. The 8800 comes with 2 batt as standard. The battery lasts for 240hr standby and 2hr talktime, quoted by Nokia. But in use, it's another story. I can start off with a fully charged battery in the morning, and it runs out before I get home late in the evening after a day of "normal usage". But after a while, I got used to it. I just bring the spare with me when I know that I'll stay out for a long time. (the charger stand actually accommodates the phone and the spare battery). [equipnote]

683

Pros: SUPERB LOOKS, STUNNING TOUCH, bright screen, primitive functions
cons: Battery life

Hey, it also comes with many ringtones specially written and performed by Ryuchi Sakamoto, how cool is that?!!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2:28 AM

i Do admit that this phone is the best looking phone out there. it's solid and heavy, love that. one problem... the price. i can't really get myself to pay so much for a phone. all things aside, this is one damn nice phone.    



3:27 AM

Price can be a problem but also can make a product rare and exclusive....    



» Post a Comment